I am on a diet. And it's sort of driving me insane. Not so much that I can't eat certain things but that I can't think of combinations that will just keep me eating my small meals so that I don't go completely insane.
Because I am not such a big meat-eater, I am having a hard time eating my proteins, since well, I am just bored of eating the same things. In fact things got so bad last week, I nearly had a melt down and then I met someone who told me to "stop fearing food, and learn how to enjoy it." Since then the wheels in my head have been turning.
Ofcourse I am reaching out to friends for some inspiration as well but all in all I am feeling better about the fact that I have more and more ideas to make my meals better. The only catch? I've got to do it myself.
One of the things I've also seen is that if I am baking, then I really don't feel like eating. Which I feel makes it a win-win situation. So this weekend, I baked up a storm, just so that I could feel better and not be a crab anymore.
I baked this yummy Omani Date and Walnut Cake which I took to my friends house and I baked some cheese crackers, which I will share soon. What I didn't bake was this Toblerone cake. That is, yesterday. I'd baked this last month for a friend's birthday and it turned out just so good that I needed to post it super soon.
Except I couldn't post it super soon, but now with the festive season right around the corner, I just felt that people needed to make this. I mean really needed to make this because this is that kind of a cake. Rich, decadent and chockful of that Toblerone goodness, this is THE cake for you if you love Toblerones.
Toblerone Mud Cake with Toblerone Ganache
Adapted from Cake Central
For the cake
200 grams butter100 grams Toblerone100 grams dark chocolate
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vodka
3/4 cup buttermilk (or 3/4 cup milk with 1 tblsp vinegar)
1/4 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 tblsp honey1/3 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking soda3 small eggs1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
For the ganache
100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams Toblerone
200 grams cream
1. For the cake, sift together cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Keep aside.
2. Melt the butter and both the chocolates and keep aside.
3. Beat in the eggs and oil into this. Add the water, vodka, buttermilk, sugar and honey into it till smooth,
4. Add the dry ingredients and whisk till smooth
5. Pour into a prepared tin and bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until cool.
6. Meanwhile make the ganache by boiling the cream and pouring it over both the chocolates. Stir until smooth and glossy. Let it cool.
7. Once the cake is done, frost it with the ganache and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.