So I've decided to begin with something I truly love! Cocktails!
I think they are so fun to drink than a straight A drink. Plus I can't stand beer. So cocktails are always what I turn to when I'm out for a drink. Malibu + coke = pure heaven. Peach schnapps + vodka + orange = suberb and then there is the old favourite a white russian. Vodka + kahlua + milk + lots of ice (I don't drink that very often, because it puts me right to sleep in the middle of the second drink).
But I love wine-based cocktails. They quench your thirst and make you heady in no time. In the winters mulled wine is staple at most parties and picnic and in the summers I like to make pitchers of Sangrias and Bellini (Melon and Peach beingare my favourite).
While you can make Sangrias with any kind of wine and fruit, my favourite is the one with melon, white wine, mint , ginger ale and white grape juice and some grapes. (Try it whenever you have the time). The idea is so simple and it barely takes any time (except for chopping up the fruit!)
So here's a generic recipe for Sangria. It's Emeril Lagasse, so it's pretty much fool-proof
- (750-ml) bottle red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange flavored liquer
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water, chilled
1. Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large pitcher.
2. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water
7. Red Wine Sangria - Classic, divine and delicious!
|Image courtsey: Real Simple|
6. Tropical Sangria - Fresh, clear and awesome
|Image courtsey: Dining Al-Fresco|
5. Raspberry and serrano pepper Sangria - The Serrano pepper can be replaced with a fresh red chilli makes all the difference
|Image courtsey: Jamie Heimbuch|
4. Melon and mint Sangria - See, see my favourite so pretty. And the pitcher I <3
|Image courtsey: Caleigh's Kitchen|
3. Citrus Champagne Sangria - if you don't like champagne, this is a great way to use it up
|Image courtsey: Kiran Tarun|
2. Kiwi peach and raspberry sangria - yummers! Don't have raspberries? Don't put em in!
|Image courtsey: Marcus Samuellson|
|Image courtsey: Kitchen Treaty|