A couple of months ago, I'd written about how my friend's niece was a young masterchef in the making. Well, last week Dhruvi sent me another email.
"Well, I tried making Cappuccino Cupcakes. Came out really well ... I took a few pics... The first time I looked at my cupcakes, ( 5 mins left for it to bake.) in the Oven... I went Awwwww, I wanna eat that! I got this recipe from this Cookbook called BBC GoodFood's 101 Cakes and Bakes, which Mom & Dad got for me. I was very excited because they surprised me with this cookbook! "
This time she took pictures! How awesome! All of 11, she's a force to reckon with. I think it's so cool she's thinking about how to ice and photograph at such a young age! Here's her recipe
For the cupcakes
2 tsps cocoa powder
2 tblsp coffee granules
110 grms butter at room temperature
110 grms caster sugar
115 grams flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
For the White Chocolate Drizzle
50 gms white chocolate
2 teaspoons butter
4 teaspoons icing Sugar
2 teaspoons of milk
1. Preheat Oven at 170 degrees centigrade
2. Mix together the cocoa powder and coffee in a tablespoon of warm water, leave it aside.
3. Sift flour and the baking powder together and keep aside.
4. Cream the butter with the sugar. Break the egg and whisk it.
5. Add the egg, coffee mixture to the creamed butter. Add the flour gently. Do not overmix
6. Pour into muffin-lined trays. Bake for 18- 20 minutes
For the drizzle
1.Melt the white chocolate, butter and icing sugar on a double boiler. Once it melts, take off the flame and add milk, stir until dropping consistency.
2. Drizzle over warm cupcakes
|Cuppycake by Dhruvi Khandelwal|